Matthew Tardy started his performing career, alongside his brother, in 1994 as young teenagers. They grew up in a small town in Maine where they presented some sketch comedy at a local community talent show. They were seen by local physical comedian Michael Miclon, who noticed their natural rapport with the audience and invited them to apprentice and tour with him. The apprenticeship opened many doors including the opportunity to train extensively at the Celebration Barn Theater with Mime Master Tony Montanaro as well as Broadway comedians, gold-medal jugglers, and Cirque du Soleil performers.
By the age of 16, Matthew was performing full-time as a professional juggler, circus artist, and musician. In the last 24 years, Matt has performed all over the globe, including the Atlantis Resort, Disney Cruise Lines, and even The White House on three separate occasions. He has appeared on David Letterman, CBS’s The Early Show, Inside Edition, and CBS Sunday Morning.
Past and present projects include:
- Solo-Performing Artist of Matt Tardy: Stunt Juggler. Featuring family shows, corporate events, and educational outreach programs in Central Texas and surrounding areas.
- Co-Creator / Performer / Musical Director of AudioBody. An award-winning electronic circus performance. Also, one of the country’s best selling independent musical artists in 2006.
- Co-creator / Performer of The Tardy Brothers. A two-person world-class juggling and comedy show.
- Co-Owner / Operator of The Theater of Awesome. Ranked #1 attraction in Freeport by TripAdvisor.
- Creative Assistant / Engineer / Musical Director / Performer of EepyBird. Emmy nominated viral video company and multiple world-record holders.